Any comments on the Versa vs Honda Fit?

General Chat about the forum, it's members & their trucks.
rtw_travel
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: Xterra
Year: 2002
Tim's: on diet by order of SWMBO

Any comments on the Versa vs Honda Fit?

Post by rtw_travel »

With two kids gone (only 1 to go), we're looking at downsizing the minivan because we just don't need anything that big any more.

Realistically, the replacement vehicle will be 99% city driving, with most trips less than 15km. We'll keep the X at the cottage, and my 540 for longer trips and 'fun' driving. The 02' Honda Odyssey is going.

I think we've narrowed down our search to the Nissan Versa and Honda Fit. We'd get the manual transmission in either of them. I like the Versa's interior size, 6 sp., and bluetooth, but the Fit is slightly more fun to drive and has a better rear seat design.

Any comments on either vehicle out there in NTC land?
Simon
Make/Model: Nissan Maxima
Year: 2011
Tim's: XL COFFEE ! 1M 1S

Re: Any comments on the Versa vs Honda Fit?

Post by Simon »

A couple of folks at work have the Versa's and they love them. Decent power, decent build quality, good on gas, and not too small. That said, I don't know any Fit drivers, so I can't really comment on that one.
"CAUTION: Hot shovel in close proximity to my person"-Bow_Tied
xrover
Wrenchhead
Wrenchhead
Make/Model: Nissan Xterra
Year: 2005
Tim's: Large, DC, 1 sweetner

Post by xrover »

We just got a Fit and love it. It actually has a lot of room inside and the 'magic' seats are pretty versatile. I did like the Versa as well. The only complaint I have oin the Fit is the lack of arm rest for the right arm.

p.s. The rear seats are actually quite good. And lots of head room (for Moe and me).
Last edited by xrover on Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
2005 Nissan Xterra
2014 Argo 650HD 6x6
Scotto
Make/Model: Xterra Off Road
Year: 2006
Tim's: L Reg

Post by Scotto »

We chose our Matrix in part because of the rear seat design (but we still have three kids in-house.) But still, a poor rear seat design can be a real pain for those times you have kids and their buddies... Or you're going out with a couple of full-grown people. If it were me, I would sit in the back seat and make my decision there, seeing as both vehicles are almost identical. The Honda looks better to me, for that, and in my experience of owning Hondas, they were all solid.

Just a thought. Having said all this, we're not truly impressed with the Matrix. It doesn't handle nearly as well as it should, and it's bear in the snow. Maybe a quick look to see how the two compare in poor weather? Does one have better visibilty (I really wanted a Murano, but Jennifer couldn't see out of it)? Flip a coin and see if you're happy with the result (worked for me in the past, when it flipped to the one I didn't really want...)

Scott
Miner
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Make/Model: Cummins 2500 HD
Year: 2012
Tim's: McD's 3C1S

Post by Miner »

My mom has a Versa Hatch with the CVT, she is very happy with it: good mileage, quick, decent handling, good in the snow. I haven't been in the rear seat since the day she bought it so I really can't comment on that. Overall :thumbup: from me.

subconscious has one too I think.

When my ex was researching cars (decided on the Civic :thumbup: ) she found that most comparisons but the Fit near the end of the import compact class.
Cummins - Zone, BD, AFE, Yokohama, Bestop, Access, VisonX, H&S
Simon wrote:It's not like the membership voted under control of a heavy hand...

Dammit, I've said too much...I'll have to ban you now
rtw_travel
Make/Model: Xterra
Year: 2002
Tim's: on diet by order of SWMBO

Post by rtw_travel »

Thanks everyone. It sounds like there is not a wrong choice and that it'll come down to personal preferences... or a coin flip. I've never thought of a coin toss as being the ultimate car decision criteria :)