UCA bushings and lower BJ's

Having problems with your Nissan truck? Search & post here!
Bamboozled
justsoldone
justsoldone
Reactions score: 0
Make/Model: WRX...
Year: 2003
Tim's: Needs Baileys.

UCA bushings and lower BJ's

Post by Bamboozled »

SO I need to replace my Rancho upper control arm bushings and lower ball joints. For the UCA's, I have emailed Rancho about the bushings... I hope to hear back soon. I was looking on the Calmimi site and they sell replacement bushings. Will those suckers fit into my Rancho Arm?

And just to make sure; the lower BJ's from a Fronty (00-04) will fit, just need to be pressed in, right?

Thanks.
Bender
Premium Member
Premium Member
Make/Model: Nissan Sentra SER
Year: 2011
Tim's: Mcdonalds coffee

Re: UCA bushings and lower BJ's

Post by Bender »

I thought they had a big hex on them for screwing in ( the after market moog ones that is )?
Jayman
Make/Model: 4x4 Xterra - SC JE
Year: 2002
Tim's: Double Double

Post by Jayman »

Bender wrote:I thought they had a big hex on them for screwing in ( the after market moog ones that is )?
Stock and aftermarket LBJ's have a big ass nut on them. You'll have to grind down the lock tabs on the stock BJ's, and then spin the nut off. The socket for the nut is 1 7/8th's (big ass mofo), available at PA if you don't have one.

You then press the BJ out, and install the new one. You have the option of getting a replacement nut, or reusing the one from the truck, up to you. I reused my old one, but I probably would have gotten new ones had I known they were available.

The Nut can be purchased from the Dealership for about $5. For reference: http://www.courtesyparts.com/54588-nut- ... -1534.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's PN 54588 - NUT
CNTC Pyro Team Captain. Signaling the International Space Station, one bucket at a time.
Nismojunky
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Don't follow me, you wont make it.
Make/Model: Nissan Titan
Year: 2006
Tim's: Double cream

Post by Nismojunky »

ball joint spliter will also work instead of pressing them out
Bamboozled
justsoldone
justsoldone

Post by Bamboozled »

So Bigbird sent me a PM about the lower BJ's. He says its the 99's that will fit. I thought they were all tha same (99-04) I can grab ball joints from an 01 for $75 from partsource.... Just need to be sure before I order em.
Jayman
Make/Model: 4x4 Xterra - SC JE
Year: 2002
Tim's: Double Double

Post by Jayman »

Bamboozled wrote:So Bigbird sent me a PM about the lower BJ's. He says its the 99's that will fit. I thought they were all tha same (99-04) I can grab ball joints from an 01 for $75 from partsource.... Just need to be sure before I order em.
When I went to Napa to get mine, they were listed as being for a 2003 Fronty, but were compatible across the 99-04.

I honestly think it depends on which company you get them from as to how they are listed in their system, and how good their information is as to compatibility across platforms.

Again, when I picked mine up, the guy at the counter knew that they would work for my Xterra (same suspension), but they are not listed in their system as being compatible with the Xterra.

:thumbup:

Edit: From the Napa (USA) website:

http://www.napaonline.com/MasterPages/N ... Suspension" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like the one from Napa now comes WITH the nut on top.
CNTC Pyro Team Captain. Signaling the International Space Station, one bucket at a time.
Bender
Premium Member
Premium Member
Make/Model: Nissan Sentra SER
Year: 2011
Tim's: Mcdonalds coffee

Post by Bender »

Jayman wrote:
Bamboozled wrote:So Bigbird sent me a PM about the lower BJ's. He says its the 99's that will fit. I thought they were all tha same (99-04) I can grab ball joints from an 01 for $75 from partsource.... Just need to be sure before I order em.
When I went to Napa to get mine, they were listed as being for a 2003 Fronty, but were compatible across the 99-04.

I honestly think it depends on which company you get them from as to how they are listed in their system, and how good their information is as to compatibility across platforms.

Again, when I picked mine up, the guy at the counter knew that they would work for my Xterra (same suspension), but they are not listed in their system as being compatible with the Xterra.

:thumbup:

You nailed it on the head there. Same thing with my U-joint problem. It really depends on what aftermarket store I call and what system they use. I even cross reference 00-04 Fronty parts here at work to switch to Xterra from 00-04.
Bamboozled
justsoldone
justsoldone

Post by Bamboozled »

BJ's are no problem, done and done. Still waiting on Rancho to get back to me.